|Rosalind Park resulted from a land grant in 1857. It is home to an open-air fernery,
magnificent local and exotic trees, a variety of nineteenth century buildings, including an
old court house, police barracks, a recently built rotunda and elegant conservatory shown here.
At the rear of the photograph are the imposing Law Courts which have just celebrated their centenary.
The Law Courts are on Pall Mall, Bendigo's major Avenue.
In recent years much has been done to restore Rosalind Park to its former glory,
including demolition of buildings which were both out of character in style and obscured
the view of the Park from Pall Mall.
A former cascade which was demolished years ago is now being painstakingly restored. Fine outdoor cafes adjoin the Park.