space
space
The foundation stone for St. Mary's Catholic Church, on a hill overlooking the village of Axedale, shows that it was laid on the 16th day of February 1902 by the Most Rev. Dr. Reville O.S. Bishop of Sandhurst. The church was built of locally quarried bluestone.
Services are held in this church, on Sundays, at 10.30 am.
Of interest in the photograph are the palm trees (not native to Australia), the windmill stand serving as a bell-tower and, on the left, outside toilets.
Axedale is a village located 12 miles (21 kilometres) east of Bendigo on the McIvor Highway.
space
Thumbnails
Pinpandoor Home

Last updated: 28th February 2015